Re: per-version hints proposal

Ken Brown writes:
> What about just using a variable (say PKG_TEST) in the cygport
> file. For example, the line
>
>   PKG_TEST=1
>
> would cause the 'test:' line to be added to the hint files.

That was booed down by Jon (and Yaakov earlier).  It's become clear that
everyone does their packaging in their own peculiar way and I don't see
a point in discussing which is the right one.

> The attached patch implements this.

You don't need another patch.  Just use mine and set TESTPACKAGE
non-null in the cygport file and it still works (oops, now everyone
knows… :-).

Regards,
Achim.