This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITA] units
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 21:25:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ITA] units
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx08.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=cygwin.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx08.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=none smtp.mailfrom=yselkowitz at cygwin dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com 47184C056800
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 47184C056800
- References: <c2742327-a4d3-6e3c-88ad-5cf95af89b8a@SystematicSw.ab.ca>
On 2017-04-25 17:42, Brian Inglis wrote:
As a long time user of Cygwin and units, both professionally and
personally, I noticed a new release of units 2.14 was available
but the package is orphaned.
I have been nominally maintaining it anyway, but you're welcome to take it.
I built and installed the new release for myself, and thought I'd
like to make it available to the community, so would like to adopt
the package units.
I've had no problems downloading the prvious source, bumping the
cygport version, building, testing, installing, and using the new
That is a good start, but:
This is the build from only one architecture. Each archful package
needs to be built for each of x86 (32-bit) and x86_64 (64-bit). Are you
set up to build both?
I've read the contributor/maintainer guides but as this would be my
first package contribution, I may need some help using calm, etc.
"cygport upload" takes care of this for you.