Re: [ITA] units

On 2017-04-27 12:37, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2017-04-27 05:51, Jon Turney wrote:
>>> Should I add libreadline-devel to .cygport DEPEND=?
>> Yes.
>> It would be better (works when cross-compiled) to write that as a
>> pkg-config dependency, but unfortunately libreadline doesn't seem
>> to have a .pc file.
>> You might also want to explicitly add --enable-readline (or
>> whatever the right thing is) to the configure line.
> configure does not seem to support --{with,enable}-readline but does
> dynamic checks to see if readline can be used with -lreadline and if
> it also needs -l{termcap,ncurses,curses} to build, so I just added to
> DEPEND, rebuilt both archs, and uploaded both.
> Please let me know if there are any issues, or what I should read now
> to know what to check?
> I've sftp-ed !mail and x86{,_64}/release/!ready, received two calm
> emails indicating release, apt update shows units upgradable to
> 2.14-1 for x86{,_64}, ran setup-x86{,_64} to install, tested, so
> should be okay to announce?

Sorry about the garbled premature announcement.
I was trying out cygport announce, and thought there were problems with
it connecting to my ISP mailserver, so messed around with that getting
nowhere, then tried Thunderbird, and it too went nowhere.
Finally noticed I had a network problem with my cable internet: bounced
system, router, cable modem, with no luck; checking via my cell provider,
turned out to be a national outage, including VoIP, for my ISP.
Unfortunately, it looks like Tbird kept the failed sent message around,
then sent it when the network came back up.
Haven't experienced an unscheduled outage for a few years, so not used
to checking for stuff in my Outbox, and Murphy knows how to teach us
humility, and educate us about our tools! ;^>