This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH setup 11/11] Use wininet for fetching URLs in direct (non-proxy) case (DO NOT APPLY)
- From: Åke Rehnman <ake dot rehnman at gmail dot com>
- To: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>, cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 17:30:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH setup 11/11] Use wininet for fetching URLs in direct (non-proxy) case (DO NOT APPLY)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
I tested with my repo and it seem to fail if there is no setup.xz but
only setup.ini. It does quickly realize there are no setup.xz and
setup.xz.sig but then it takes forever to get past setup.bz2 etc and
fails to download setup.ini
These tests were done with -X flag.
I will email the link to the repo in a separate email.
On 2017-05-01 14:58, Jon Turney wrote:
Anyhow, I had another go the wininet patch, attached. I guess you
have some use case for this, so perhaps you could give it a try and
see if it works for you?