This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH setup 10/11] Don't show source-only packages in package list
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 20:35:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH setup 10/11] Don't show source-only packages in package list
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 01/05/2017 15:45, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On 2017-04-28 07:12, Jon Turney wrote:
external-source: packages which have no binary package will be
marked skip: and so won't show up in setup.ini at all.
If we change to using the Source: line to identify a source
package, which is (by definition) source only, these will appear in
setup.ini, but without any install: lines, so we need to explicitly
avoid showing them in the package list.
Does this necessitate a change to cygport?
Not of itself.
The first paragraph describes the current state of affairs, since calm
generates 'source:' lines, not 'Source:' lines.
This is preparatory work for possible noarching of source packages as
discussed in .