This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
setup release candidate
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 13:16:40 +0100
- Subject: setup release candidate
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Since this changes the file download mechanism, I think this could use
some wider testing before being deployed. Please test.
Changes compared to 2.877:
- "Direct Connection" now uses the WinINet API to fetch URLs.
This enables HTTPS and FTPS protocol support, and caching of mirrors.lst
The existing, hand-built URL fetching, which only supports HTTP and FTP,
is still available by choosing "Direct (legacy)".
- Fixes to "Use Internet Explorer Proxy Settings" mode
Progress is now reported for downloads.
Unwanted caching in "Temporary Internet Files" of package archives has
A bug causing a long delay before downloading setup.ini from package
repositories without a compressed setup.ini has been fixed.
- Add --allow-unsupported-windows option
Don't check the windows version.
The Cygwin mirror list is not read, so a URL (e.g. a Cygwin time machine
circa) should be given with --site or via the GUI.
- Remove support for some long-obsolete setup.ini syntax (omitted
version:, omitted size and checksum, various undocumented tokens)
- Remove cruft