This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] cygregext (formerly cygscript)
- From: Joni Eskelinen <jonieske at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 09:13:11 +0300
- Subject: Re: [ITP] cygregext (formerly cygscript)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 29.4.2017 14.54, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 28/04/2017 21:46, Eric Blake wrote:
>> On 04/28/2017 03:08 AM, Joni Eskelinen wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I've renamed cygscript as proposed. Hopefully cygregext conveys its
>>> purpose more clearly. A man page has also been added.
>> My first read was 'cygwin regular-expressions t'. Maybe a slight tweak
>> to cygextreg (for cygwin extension registration) keeps the same length
>> but with less confusion with an already well-used abbreviation?
> This makes sense to me, but it's your choice.
Thanks for your input. I've renamed the command to cygextreg, hopefully
for the last time for now :). TBH i wasn't really happy with the ring of
'regex' in cygregext, so this is definitely better.
>>>>> Nice work. I'm kind of surprised we don't have something like this
>>>>>> This application is not included in any other distro, so i reckon
>>>>>> a vote
>>>>>> must be first passed.
>> At any rate, I'm also +1 for inclusion, whether or not you take my
>> naming suggestion.
> Please provide a ssh key as per https://cygwin.com/package-upload.html
I'll proceed with a request.