This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: MP3 support in Cygwin
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 15:52:41 -0500
- Subject: Re: MP3 support in Cygwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx10.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=cygwin.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx10.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=none smtp.mailfrom=yselkowitz at cygwin dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com 22BDB6331E
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 22BDB6331E
- References: <email@example.com>
On 2016-11-13 14:07, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
Please note that *only* MP3 *decoding* support is being allowed at this
time. So no LAME (or twoLAME), nor MPEG *video* decoding (smpeg or
libmpeg2), etc., until further notice.
MP3 encoding support is now allowed as well, and so I have added lame
(and mingw*-lame) to the distribution, and rebuilt my packages which can
use it. Other MPEG technologies still must wait until further notice.
While we cannot comment on any specific patents, if you have any
questions as to whether a particular package may be permitted, please
feel free to ask here.