This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] python2-future and python3-future
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 21:43:41 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ITP] python2-future and python3-future
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx10.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=cygwin.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx10.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=none smtp.mailfrom=yselkowitz at cygwin dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com 16157635E2
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 16157635E2
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2017-05-11 15:21, Jon Turney wrote:
On 11/05/2017 18:52, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On 2017-05-11 12:11, Jon Turney wrote:
python-future is a compatibility layer for Python 2 and Python 3
This is a pre-requisite of buildbot-worker 0.9.x
The preferred packaging scheme for Python modules is now python-wheel
cygclass. So instead, I suggest something like the attached.
Ah, very good. Let's do that then.
I'd also got a collision between the packages with the /usr/bin/
scripts, which this avoids :)
Go ahead, it's yours.