This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH setup] Allow setup to parse more than 3 versions from the setup.ini file
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 13:38:03 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH setup] Allow setup to parse more than 3 versions from the setup.ini file
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <20150608134318.GO3416@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20161206184310.GE4078@calimero.vinschen.de> <email@example.com>
On 09/10/2017 20:32, Jon Turney wrote:
So, thinking about this change some more, I realize that there is a
another way to do this, which doesn't break backwards compatibility with
setup, by having multiple [prev] and [test] sections.
 doesn't say that these section names are unique, and setup doesn't
require that, I'm going to claim that it's valid :)
Because of the way setup works, the last [test] section is the version
which is selected when 'test' is selected, so a specific ordering of the
sections would be required. The calm change to implement this is at .
I deployed this calm change today.
I think that no-one should notice anything, apart from setup now
offering another choice of older versions for some packages.
The current default package retention policy is: the curr and test
versions are always kept, also keep the 3 highest versions (this is
slightly more generous than upset's historical behaviour, as it keeps 3
versions even if test isn't being used)
Maintainers can customize this policy using keep*: lines in