This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH setup v4 0/6] Distinguish between user URLs and cygwin mirrors in UI
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 16:36:42 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH setup v4 0/6] Distinguish between user URLs and cygwin mirrors in UI
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 12/10/2017 12:49 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
TODO: Implement a way of validating purported mirrors. For example,
we could make sure they are signed with the cygwin signing key. Or if
the user has used the -X option to turn off signature checking, we
could make sure that setup.ini contains "release: cygwin".
Once we finish discussing this patch series, I'll look into that.
I went ahead and did this, just to make sure it would work as expected.
I'll post it shortly as a second patch series (depending on this one).