This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
setup libsolv: getting rid of ".any"
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 19:04:45 -0500
- Subject: setup libsolv: getting rid of ".any"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've been trying to think of a way to get rid of the suffix ".any" that
gets appended to package names. I think users will be confused by this
when they see it in log files and, more importantly, in problem reports.
The only thing I can come up with is patching libsolv so that
pool_solvable2str() suppresses 'arch' when arch == ARCH_ANY. Can you
think of a better way?