This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH setup] Query the user if a corrupt local file is found
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 13:40:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH setup] Query the user if a corrupt local file is found
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 12/16/2017 1:37 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
If a corrupt file is found in one of the selected mirror site
directories, offer to delete it instead of making this a fatal error.
Do this only on the first call to check_for cached(). If the corrupt
file is still there on the second call, then the deletion failed, and
the user will have to fix the problem.
See https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-12/msg00122.html for discussion.
This is unnecessarily complicated. Please disregard. I'll submit v2 later.