This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH setup] Throw exceptions instead of exiting with error codes
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 16:06:15 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH setup] Throw exceptions instead of exiting with error codes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 19/12/2017 17:20, Ken Brown wrote:
Exception.h | 1 +
PickView.cc | 11 +++++++----
choose.cc | 7 +++++--
3 files changed, 13 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
Yeah, silently dying seems like a bad idea.
Hmmm... does this not need a corresponding use of TOPLEVEL_CATCH to
transform that exception into a fatal() ?
Or does the default handling of the exception by the runtime report the
In any case, some commentary in the commit about how these exceptions
are expected to be handled would good.