This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH setup] Make sure that fatal error messages are visible
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 16:19:45 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH setup] Make sure that fatal error messages are visible
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 19/12/2017 00:53, Ken Brown wrote:
The message box produced by TOPLEVEL_CATCH could be hidden by whatever
window was previously being displayed, so that setup appeared to hang.
Fix this by giving fatal error message boxes type MB_SETFOREGROUND.
This is good as far as it goes, but is kind of working around the fact
that fatal() is being called with an NULL owner HWND.
This is not idea because I guess it means that propsheet window is still
activate-able when this messagebox is displayed (MB_APPMODAL doesn't apply)?
msg.cc | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/msg.cc b/msg.cc
index 403e78a..0ba4839 100644
@@ -83,7 +83,7 @@ fatal (HWND owner, int id, ...)
va_start (args, id);
- mbox (owner, "fatal", 0, id, args);
+ mbox (owner, "fatal", MB_SETFOREGROUND, id, args);
Logger ().exit (1);