This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
AW: [ITP] Mini-XML (mxml)
- From: Stefan Köpsell <stefan dot koepsell at tu-dresden dot de>
- To: "'Yaakov Selkowitz'" <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>, <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 14:01:49 +0100
- Subject: AW: [ITP] Mini-XML (mxml)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
thanks for your advice.
> Do you plan on ITPing something which uses this? A library by itself is of little use.
Hm, not at the moment. But several of our projects depend on the library - and it makes contributing more easy, if the library is available as Cygwin package.
>* The source package (NAME) should be name mxml;
>* A shared library should be created (pass --enable-shared to cygconf);
>* Static libraries are not generally desired;
>* There should be 2-3 subpackages, mxml with any program/utilties,
>ibmxml1 with the runtime library, and libmxml-devel (not -dev) with the headers, import library, etc.
There a now two packages: one containing the shared library and the other containing the development files
Von: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] Im Auftrag von Yaakov Selkowitz
Gesendet: Freitag, 22. Dezember 2017 21:37
Betreff: Re: [ITP] Mini-XML (mxml)
On 2017-12-22 12:49, Stefan Köpsell wrote:
> I am interested in becoming a package maintainer for the Mini-XML
> library (http://michaelrsweet.github.io/mxml/).
> Mini-XML is a small XML parsing library that you can use to read XML
> and XML-like data files in your application without requiring large
> non-standard libraries.
Do you plan on ITPing something which uses this? A library by itself is of little use.
> I have tried to make a first package and uploaded it here:
> I would be thankful for any hints regarding issues / quality
> improvements with this package.
* The source package (NAME) should be name mxml;
* A shared library should be created (pass --enable-shared to cygconf);
* Static libraries are not generally desired;
* There should be 2-3 subpackages, mxml with any program/utilties,
libmxml1 with the runtime library, and libmxml-devel (not -dev) with the headers, import library, etc.