Re: FORTIFY_SOURCE

> > Sure, the question is why they use this stage prefix suddenly when they
> > didn't before.
>
> The answer to that question is still open.  Why does cygport set this
> symbol in this manner?  I am removing the "-Wp," and see what the build
> does…

Yaakov added that symbol to lib/compilers.cygpart on February 20 along
with other security flags, in the "Add security flags to CFLAGS"
commit.

https://github.com/cygwinports/cygport/commit/48e7b6e94052ac58643fa3b7989bb7e1468389f7

The "-Wp" just means to pass -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 through to the preprocessor.

Best regards,

-Richard Campbell.