Re: Moving on from Cygwin

On 28/06/18 13:15, Brian Inglis wrote:
On 2018-06-27 17:24, David Stacey wrote:
All of these are effectively dead upstream:
- 'words' is a dictionary from the Moby project. This doesn't exist anymore, and
so the source file is pulled from a 2006 mirror on the Wayback Machine! I
include a couple of patches from Fedora to correct some misspelled words and add
the names of US presidents.
Documented by the author at:
	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moby_Project
which says mirrored at:
	http://www.gutenberg.org/catalog/world/results?title=moby+list
in etexts 3201-6.

Thanks for the information. I used the same source URL as Fedora [1] - in fact, I just translated Fedora's 'spec' file into 'cygport' form.

Obviously, a new maintainer is free to pick whichever source of the Moby dictionary that he or she wishes. Note, however, that in the Gutenberg mirror, the files have all been renamed meaning that Fedora's 'typos' patch won't apply.

Dave.

[1] - https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/words.git/tree/words.spec