How to package a Python script

Dear all

How should I go about packaging a Python executable? Separate packages
for python2 and python3? Only one of them? If so, which? If for both,
is there any advice how to achieve this? I don't think that the
python-wheel.cygclass deals with scripts in /usr/bin/ as the docs say
that scripts should be added to PKG_CONTENTS by the maintainer. How
would I go about making sure that I get a *2 and *3 version, also
possibly with a symlink from * to *2? Is there a cannonical example I
can look into? My casual trawling through my own Cygwin installation
didn't turn up anything useful...

Cheers

Michael