Re: lftp 4.8.4-1 upload error

On 30/08/2018 09:58, Andrew Schulman wrote:
On 29/08/2018 19:16, Andrew Schulman wrote:
I just uploaded lftp-4.8.4-1 for x86_64, and got these error notices back
from calm:

ERROR: package 'lftp' version '4.8.4-1' is most recent non-test version,
but version '4.7.8-2' is curr:
ERROR: package 'lftp-debuginfo' version '4.8.4-1' is most recent non-test
version, but version '4.7.8-2' is curr:
ERROR: error while validating merged x86_64 packages for Andrew Schulman
SUMMARY: 3 ERROR(s)

I guess this is because we pinned 4.7.8-2 as curr: some time last year,
I think all of this isn't needed any more, so you can add an empty
override.hint to your upload to supersede that.

OK. So this worked for x86, but for some reason when I upload for x86_64, I get
this back:

ERROR: error while reading uploaded arch x86_64 packages from maintainer Andrew
Schulman

Yeah, that's not a very helpful error message :(

Any idea why? I've rebuilt and uploaded again with the same result.

It seems that the advice I gave was wrong, and that '-override.hint' works, but an empty 'override.hint' is (silently) considered invalid (because it uses the same parser as other .hint files, which aren't expected to be empty)

I've added some output so this failure isn't hidden, and added an item to improve the hint parser to my calm backlog.

I renamed 'override.hint' to '-override.hint' and set the upload to retried, which seems to have succeeded.

Sorry for the inconvenience.