Re: setup 2.894 release candidate - please test

On Oct 13 19:49, Jon Turney wrote:

> A new setup release candidate is available at:
>
>   https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.894.x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
>   https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.894.x86.exe    (32 bit version)
>
> Please test and report any problems here.
>
> Changes compared to 2.893:
>
> - Drag setup into the 1990s, by replacing the custom-drawn package chooser
> with a ListView common control.
>
> -- Use standard UI elements to choose an action to take on a package or
> category, rather than the weird UX of clicking to cycle around a list of
> options of undisclosed length.

That's what I like about the 90's, it looks really awesome.

The pulldown menu to change the version needs some getting used to, but
it's worthwhile.  I just have a style nit:

The (by default) rightmost field, "Size", is so much to the right that
the rightmost characters collide with the Window frame.  Looks like only
the "Size" field is affected by way of being right-justified.  Would
it perhaps make sense to append just a single space at the end of the
field (including the header) so the spacing looks more relaxed?

Thanks a lot for this change.  I'm pretty sure especially visually
impaired users will be most happy with this change.

Red Hat