Re: bug in procps-ng

Achim Gratz writes:
> That was an exercise in futility.  Procps uses system macros to
> dissemble the major/minor devices, so of course it's doing the right
> thing on Cygwin while using Cygwin macros (I think these are actually
> inline functions now).

Actually, it didn't -- but I patched it to do so now.

We should think a bit about whether or not Cygwin should conform to the
/proc/…/stat definition of Linux with it's peculiar bit allotment for
the major/minor device numbers, in which case I'll have to change to a
versioned #ifdef (I don't particularly want to use a runtime version
check).

> But your assertion that it should use stat for
> finding the tty is probably wrong, there's Cygwin specific code that
> looks at /dev/ctty:
>
> https://gitlab.com/procps-ng/procps/blob/master/proc/devname.c#L303
>
> That's used in addition to code that would correctly determine the
> devices fromt the stat info, so at the moment I have no idea where the
> wheels fall off that wagon.

I still don't know where the bug is in the current package, as just
building the current version (without my patch that removes the function
that uses /proc/ctty) also works correctly.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: