Re: calm: cygwin package upload report from sourceware.org for Thomas Wolff

On 2019-03-29 12:42, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Jon Turney wrote:
>>> Am 29.03.2019 um 19:02 schrieb
>>> cygwin-no-reply-rDBXBDvO6BXQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org:
>> On 29/03/2019 18:11, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>>> I've repeatedly tried to upload a new package, with the two discussed
>>> modifications in packaging, and the last response was this:
>>
>> This is because you have an existing override.hint file for mintty, containing:
>>
>> curr: 2.9.9-0
>> prev: 2.9.6-0
>>
>> You have to decide what you want instead of this.
> I see no such .hint file in the upload area anymore. Even downloaded the current
> .hint files to check.

That existing override.hint may be in the current package directory, not the
upload area which you update, and is checked against that.

What is the best approach to clear override.hint in the next release after an
override was required?

> Brian Inglis wrote:
>> If used, that should be:
>> curr: 3.0.0-1
>> prev: 2.9.9-0
>>
>> Check your ${P}/${P}-${V}/${P}-${V}-{R}.${ARCH}/dist/${P}/** hints and tars all
>> have the same ${P}-${V}-{R} i.e. mintty-3.0.0-1.
>>
>> The issue may be, as explained, that 2.9.9-0 is treated as a test release.

> So I'll try the .hint as you fixed...

Watch for responses to the above to clear out overrides next release!

Once you are on a regular P-V-R cycle, you should not need hints.

Using cygport feeding calm eliminates a lot of the dinkering around
(Thanks Yaakov and Jon)!