Re: Archives ??

I think some of this has already been answered by others but I didn't
see answers to everything so:

On Fri, Feb 26, 1999, John Fortin wrote:

>     1) Is there an archive available so that I can get a feel for what
> has been discussed in the past?

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin-developers/

We only started archiving it at the beginning of Feb so there is only
a little bit of historical mail available.

>     2) What is the best way to start contributing.  I haven't a good
> feel yet for the structure of the code.  Should I start with the latest
> snapshot and go from there?  Is there any documentation on how the
> source is structured/arranged.

Please start with the latest snapshot.  If you look for the tag
"FIXME" you'll find quite a few references.  Most refer to
aspects of Cygwin that could be improved.

>     3) I saw that there is a pthreads project. Is this integrated with
> cygwin?

The pthreads project on sourceware is separate.  If you configure
cygwin specially, you get pthreads support added to the DLL.  But it
needs more work.  If you would like to help with this or anything
else, please do!  :-)

Please let me (or the others) know if you have any other questions
about contributing.

--
Geoffrey Noer		Email: noer@cygnus.com
Cygnus Solutions