This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
Re: [firstname.lastname@example.org: New snapshots]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [firstname.lastname@example.org: New snapshots]
- From: DJ Delorie <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 20:21:02 -0400
- CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <19990424193833.A650@cygnus.com>
It's because of a recent egcs change that aligns the stack to 8-byte
boundaries, even stdcall functions that *must* pop 12 bytes from the
stack (i.e. the dll entry function). I've complained to our internal
gcc group, but no response yet.
Chris - you have a patch for this. Could you check it in with a
suitable comment, or forward it to me and I'll check it in?
> Are the new snapshots working on you machine? I believe you
> are using NT4. I'm running Windows 98 and have not benn able to use
> a new snapshot since the March 30 snapshot. I get a message box
> saying that cygwin1.dll cannot start.