This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
Re: [firstname.lastname@example.org: New snapshots]
- To: Mumit Khan <email@example.com.EDU>
- Subject: Re: [firstname.lastname@example.org: New snapshots]
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 21:06:29 -0400
- CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <199904261535.KAA03043@modi.xraylith.wisc.edu>
- Reply-To: email@example.com
Mumit and Chris,
Thanks for the info. I had been hesitant to build the newest snapshots
because of the problems I saw in the DLL binary. I'll give it a try.
Mumit Khan wrote:
> firstname.lastname@example.org writes:
> > All,
> > I'm assuming this patch requires a bebuild of egcs. Is this the 1.1.2
> > version available (source, that is) at Mumit's site?
> This is a side effect of stack alignment patch to improve performance
> (gory details in Intel arch manual), and it's new in upcoming egcs-1.2.
> egcs-1.1.2 did not have this feature, and consquently free from the
> problem as well.
> If you're building egcs development tree from CVS (I don't know if the
> last snapshot included rth's change or not), it should be ok now. If not,
> please holler.