Re: Maintainers wanted

> Is it needful to create another server with ported software?

Good question.  The answer depends on a lot of things, but I can see a
couple of ways this could work:

* sourceware contains the same packages as in b20.1, but broken into
  separate packages.  Franken.de continues to carry what it does.

* sourceware takes over the job franken.de had, acting as a central
  repository for all ports.

* Franken.de mirrors from sourceware so that both are available.

* sourceware mirrors from franken.de (and/or other sites) to act as a
  "collector" of ports.

Personally, I like the second option, but *only* if the process for
uploading ports (and the rules about uploading) are easy to understand
and follow.  If we had one central site, we could organize the mirrors
better and offer more access to the software, but if it's difficult
for the maintainers to put stuff in it, it just won't work.

If sourceware did become the central repository, I would argue for
keeping full sources for each package on it, not just patches.