Re: snapshot-991207

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 11:12:50PM -0600, Mumit Khan wrote:
>I believe that the quoting in the snapshot I picked up last night was
>wrong, but didn't pay that much attention as to why.

I don't know what you mean by "wrong" but the version output looked ok
on Windows.  I assume that if windres could handle it, that it
must be "right" for my version of windres.

>The new signalling code seems to be doing just fine, and it's fixed
>one ``randomly hanging'' problem I was having with one of my tools.
>However, I notice make hanging indefinitely on Win98 after running
>so many jobs, and I have to kill -9 to kill it.

Well, if it's hanging, that's not a symptom of the signal code doing
fine.  If you can track down where it is hanging that will help me
figure out why.  I've found that using gdb to attach to a running
process is invaluable for this.  You might have to wander through
cygwin's various threads to find out who's hanging, though.

>btw, did you get a chance to look at enabling-signals-for-dynload patch?
>
>> -winver.o version.cc: mkvers.sh include/cygwin/version.h winver.rc $(DLL_OFIL
>> ES)
>> +version.cc winver.o: winver_version
>> +	@/bin/true
>> +
>> +winver_version: mkvers.sh include/cygwin/version.h winver.rc $(DLL_OFILES)
>>  	@echo "Making version.cc";rm -f $@;\
>					^^^
>					version.cc
>>  	$(SHELL) ${word 1,$^} ${word 2,$^} ${word 3,$^} $(WINDRES) > $@
>                                                                    ^^^^
>								  version.cc
>Few typos there. Also, it has a few other problems -- eg., run make,
>delete winver.o and re-run make. As it is now, winver_version is also
>not a "phony".

Actually, I eliminated the > about ten seconds after sending out
the patch.  I still missed the 'rm -f $@', though.  Thanks.