Re: ntsec-patch16 (and some other)

On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 08:03:41PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>Hello Chris, hello all.
>
>First of all, I have four patches related to the rearrangment of
>the sources. Chris, would you please take a special look into
>these changes?
>
>- configure: I had to add the directory `mingw/profile'
>  else it was ignored.

This can't be right.  The profile directory should be handled by mingw's
configure.  The "top level" configure is only supposed to handle
directories immediately below it.

This configure is straight from Mumit.  He did not choose to configure
in the profile directory when the target was "*cygwin*".  Take a look at
the mingw/configure.in file.

>- cygwin/smallprintf.c: I had to add `#define __INSIDE_CYGWIN__'
>  else the linker said sth. about `undef'd ref to _ctype_'.
>
>- cygwin/regexp/regexp.c: Ditto.

These are supposed to be handled already.  It obviously isn't required
all the time or we wouldn't be able to make snapshots.

>- mingw/profile/configure: This configure script couldn't find
>  install-sh, because the search paths for $ac_dir didn't reach
>  back enough in the dir hirarchy. Here I have added the path

I can see that this could be required, but you shouldn't modify
configure scripts.  They're autogenerated from configure.in.
It's possible that Mumit has fixed this already.

I'll weed out the configure, regexp, and smallprint patches and
apply what's left.