Re: setup.exe questions

On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 05:19:21PM -0600, Parker, Ron wrote:
>I saw that DJ said that c:\cygwin was the default root directory and that
>the default prefix was /usr. I don't have the CYGWIN CD so I can not check
>it. What should the defaults be for the CYGWIN, TERM, MAKE_MODE, etc.? Also,
>what makes sense for a default HOME under Win9x?

CYGWIN should be empty.  TERM should be empty.  MAKE_MODE should be a
question, maybe?  Like "Should your Makefiles default to UNIX or Windows
mode"?  I don't know about a default HOME.  Maybe that's another question?

>Should the root mount default to binary or text mode? I prefer binary but I
>am open to suggestions. I am not trying to start another binary vs. text
>jihad. :) BTW, I intend to make a slight modification to the default root
>directory so that it is \cygwin on the drive that contains the OS. I think
>that makes sense for those that multiboot.

The root should default to binary.  The user can mount anything else that
he wants.  I agree that \cygwin should be on the drive containing the OS.