Re: [greenbaum@ti.com: cygwin setup and firewalls]

> Is there a specific firewall that we are having problems with?

I don't know.  I don't think users are always smart enough to know
more than just "it's a firewall".

> I have only run setup.exe from behind a firewall that is why I coded it to
> use wininet.  That way it would use the same mechanism IE does to go through
> the firewall. I did this for somewhat selfish reasons, our #(*&^ proxy at
> work ONLY works with IE and wininet compatible software.

What about Netscape users?  Would they not configure wininet when they
configure their Netscape proxy settings?  If that's a problem, we can
just tell people "hey, you've got to configure IE to work before setup
works."