Re: moving testsuite 1 level up

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 12:35:28AM +0400, Egor Duda wrote:
>DD> Perhaps it's time to update Maekfile.common to use some $(UPTOP)
>DD> (defined to ".." in most cases) variable?
>
>i  wanted  to  to  that but stumbled over code in Makefile.common that
>sets updir* and bupdir* vars. i don't understand why not just set them

They are set to that in some cases.

>and  don't  feel  i  can  mess with the code i don't fully understand.
>maybe someone enlighten me on this subject?

It's because I don't like to see ../../../../libbfd.a on a command line.
I'd rather see /foo/bar/bfd/libbfd.a and we can rely on the fact that
gnumake is available for filename parsing.

I checked in a change that should work if you are building in a
completely separate directory (i.e., not a subdirectory of the sources).
I have to think about the other case a little before I make that change.