Re: Cygwin exiting mysteriously

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 09:22:48AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>I've a strace.gz attached which shows that the process kills itself.  I could
>only get this to happen with another process executing a huge build (Cygwin).

I don't see anything strange in this strace.  Was there no output from ls?
It certainly thought it was outputting stuff.

I see a standard kill_pgrp, called by do_exit.  This causes everything in the
process group to be sent a SIGHUP if the process is the process group leader.

In this case, AFAICT, nothing was killed, which is what I would expect.

From the strace it looks like ls went through all of the proper initialization
code, then read the current directory, then displayed it.

That's probably not what actually happened, though?