winsup/doc layout change?

Hi CygPeepers,

(1) LAYOUT CHANGE

I've been looking at the ~winsup/doc directory and I would like to propose
the following layout change:

~winsup/doc/
	[some common files here, e.g. README, AUTHORS, etc.]
	cygwin-api/
	cygwin-api-int/
	cygwin-ug/
	cygwin-ug-net/
	doctool/		<- source for doctool.exe
	faq/
	sgml/			<- sgml sources
	texinfo/		<- texinfo sources
	text/			<- random text files until we have real docs
	utils/		<- sgml files for the apps in utils

The basic premise is to have subdirectories which contain major pieces of
documentation, like the cygwin-api and cygwin-ug (user guide). Each
directory should contain pretty much all you need for that given document.
The names I've used above are mostly to demonstrate the concept.

I'm fairly indifferent to the names as long as it makes sense.

(2) DOCUMENT SOURCE LANGUAGE

Right now, the documentation varies from simple text, to sgml to texinfo. I
propose we stick with one. DocBook 3.0 is what most of the current documents
use, so it's probably just easiest to go entirely to that.

Once we do that, we can get rid of some of the directories in the layout
above, like texinfo, and text.

(3) AUTOCONF/AUTOMAKE

Any objections to using autoconf/automake in the doc directory?
Specifically, the released versions of automake/autoconf.

When a decision is made about the previous points, I'd like to start working

(4) UTILS MANPAGES

on man pages for the winsup/cygwin/utils apps next.

Cheers,
edward

OH. PS. I've already done (1) - (3) in some form. Just needs to be fine
tuned to whatever is decided.