Re: Outstanding issues with current DLL?

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> >> Any gotchas that anyone is aware of?
> >
> >The current snapshot is considerably buggy!  I can't explain
> >these bugs immediately because of my poor ability in English.
> >
> >Those around me always complain the release version of Cygwin
> >DLL is updated too often, buggy and unstable. Please consider
> >more careful release management.
>
> I hope that someone else may be able to step forward and point to some
> of these unreported bugs that all of his friends have seen.  Obviously
> we can't fix what we don't know about.
>
> I am now quite frustrated to know that my product is riddled with bugs
> and people are complaining about it without trying to do anything
> towards actively fixing them.
>
> It's times like these that I fantasize about just doing a "rm -r
> ~ftp/pub/cygwin" on sources.redhat.com, turning off the cygwin mailing
> lists and just sticking with my real job.
>
> Why do I bother?

Chris, you need a two month vacation without your laptop.  You ask for
any known problems, someone reports one and then you become enraged.  I
was about to report one as well and haven't mentioned it before because
I've not had the time as yet to track it down.  It is a random problem
where when starting bash through rxvt the process hangs.  The windows
Task Manager reports the process is Not Responding.  I can only guess
that there is a race condition between parent and child processes.  I
start rxvt via a shortcut to a batch file that I've attached, in case it
is important in how it is started.

I agree with Kazuhiro, it isn't ready to release.

Regards,
Earnie

rxvt.bat