Re: Outstanding issues with current DLL?

Well, I went round and round in circles until I realised that going back
though the patches by doing a cvs co -D XXX winsup was just not going to
work, at least not in my life time.  My computer is just not fast enough and
it "seems" like the old dll is persistent in memory after I copy a new one
to /bin and run it - Is this possible? Is there a way to eject the old dll
other than reboot?

Anyway, I updated my cvs and removed tty from environment which seems to
help alot.  I built the latest cvs using 1.1.8 dll and the following error
was found by the test suite

devzero.c test fails at approx line 75 (mmap) with "address out of bounds"

 fd = open("/dev/zero", O_RDWR);
  v = (char *)mmap(0, 65536, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE, fd, 0);
  if (v == (char *)-1)
    {
      fprintf(stderr, "mmap r/w /dev/zero failed\n");
      perror("The error was");
      exit(1);
    }

I tried to tracing it but Gdb just "spat the dummy" and used up all 500M of
my pagefile.

NOTE, I am not asking anyone to do anything as it could be my setup, I am
just reporting the error just in case its usefull....

Regards Trevor