Question on Errors during a make for the full winsup tree

I have noticed these errors during the make of the full winsup tree and
they appear to be near the area where newlib/libc/include is configured
(or whatever it does) - Anyone seen this and know where it might be
coming from and why or can at least give me an idea how I can find (I'm
new to all this) or should I worry about:

checking for sys/param.h... grep: conftest.out: No such file or directory
yes
checking for limits.h... grep: conftest.out: No such file or directory
yes
checking for stdlib.h... grep: conftest.out: No such file or directory
yes
checking for string.h... grep: conftest.out: No such file or directory
yes
checking for unistd.h... grep: conftest.out: No such file or directory
yes
checking for strings.h... grep: conftest.out: No such file or directory
yes
checking for sys/time.h... grep: conftest.out: No such file or directory
yes
checking for time.h... grep: conftest.out: No such file or directory
yes
checking for sys/resource.h... grep: conftest.out: No such file or
directory
yes
checking for sys/stat.h... grep: conftest.out: No such file or directory
yes

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

bk