Re: difficult problem with symbolic link handling

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 12:18:45AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>Somehow your latest changes to path.cc break check_case.
>
>Try to start a shell with CYGWIN=... check_case=adjust
>
>and call `ls -ld .'
>
>Result:
>ls: .: No such file or directory.

Works fine for me, but that is somewhat besides the point.

I was asking for feedback on whether this was a worthwhile path to follow
not whether my particular implementation had bugs or not.  I actually
marked the previous revision of path.cc so that I could revert to the
old way of doing things if people had problems.

I assume that since you didn't object to the words that you've moved on
to debugging the implementation.