Re: problem with 20010701 snapshot

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 05:23:58PM +0100, David Starks-Browning wrote:
>On Wednesday 4 Jul 01, Christopher Faylor writes:
>> In general, stack dumps are meaningless unless you have a debugging version
>> of the DLL with which you can match addresses and symbols.
>>
>> The best way to track this down is to build your own version of the DLL and
>> then use either gdb or addr2line to figure out where the DLL is dying.
>
>OK, when I return in a couple of weeks.  I've always wanted to build
>my own DLL anyway.
>
>Wouldn't it be sensible to distribute debugging versions of the DLL
>with the snapshots?

Yes, but they make the snapshots a lot bigger.

Corinna and I talked about distributing a "sym" file that cygcheck could
interpret a while ago.  That was actually what caused me to add bz2 support
to setup.exe.

I wanted to play with getting bz2lib incorporated into the winsup
directory and thought that it would be a good proof of concept to get it
into setup.exe.

Now that I have that, we can distribute a bzipped sym file along with the
snapshots.  As soon as I round my tuit.