Re: cygwin 1.3.3 announcment -- extra words solicited

> If anyone is around on this holiday weekend (for the US, anyway), I'd
> appreciate it if you could take a look at the cygwin announcement below
> and add any necessary words.  I wasn't clear on the details of some
> of the changes, particularly Robert's pthread changes and Corinna's
> ntsec stuff.
>
> I guess I'll wait until tomorrow or maybe Monday for comments.  Then
> I'll release cygwin 1.3.3.

Ummm...I hate to put a fly in the ointment, but has anybody tried to
"bootstrap" lately?  I'm running a 20010831 kernel (built under 1.3.2)
and I just tried to build 20010902 (fresh checkout, not cvs update).  I
got a signal 11 error when "Leaving directory
`/usr/src/cygwin/obj/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/bz2lib'
"  (new-cygwin.dll has already been built at this point in the make).

It is not repeatable.  The second run bails (signal 11) at "Leaving
directory `/usr/src/cygwin/obj/i686-pc-cgywin/winsup/w32api'"  The third
run completes.  But, this pattern is not constant; sometimes five or six
runs are required (but I usually don't wait that long; I swap in the
1.3.2 kernel and try again -- and can always then complete the
interrupted build with a single, additional 'make' after that swap.)

I've never had this sort of problem when building a devel kernel while
running a "released" kernel.  Just one 'make' and I'm done.

Is this just me?  Has anybody successfully built one devel kernel while
running another devel kernel (recently, that is)?

--Chuck