Re: setup.exe stalled?

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 03:50:28AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:

>> One thing that I noticed is that if you cycle through the "View"
>> selections, when you come around to "Category" again, there is nothing
>> displayed for installation.
>
>Huh? Nothing *displayed* or *nothing selected*. What happens if you
>expand a single category that had selected items previously?

The display is different when you cycle through it.  The first time
through, categories and packages are displayed.  The second time through
only the categories are displayed.  No packages are displayed.

I don't know if the packages are still selected for installation.

Hmm.  How does this work?  Are we still selecting everything for
installation?  I guess we should probably only be selecting the "Base"
installation and allow people to click on "Development" and get
everything under Development if they want, etc.

It would be "really nice" if people were evaluating this interface and
providing feedback...