Re: src/winsup/w32api ChangeLog include/commdlg.h ...

"Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" wrote:

> At 11:24 AM 12/4/2001, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> > > Boy is my face red!  Chris, of course, is right.  I find IDC_STATIC
> > > defined in multiple MSVC include files including AFXRES.H and WINRES.H.
> > > While it is defined in the project specific resource.h files as needed,
> > > there must also be references to it at the system level that make it
> > > at least convenient to define it at the system level as well.
> > >
> > > So it looks like is valid to define IDC_STATIC at the system level...
> > >

> >Can you find an msdn document that says it belongs here or there?
>
> You're joking, right? ;-)

No, I wasn't joking.  Not finding the documentation means it's not
defined.

> Well, I did the same search you probably did (just for the "fun" of it).
> I don't think this is one of those things were it's "defined".  Given the
> fact that it shows up in a handful of files, it seems pretty clear to me
> that it's defined where someone decided it was needed.  So, if you're
> concerned that it should only be included at the system level if it's
> "standard" to do so, I would suggest that it not be included unless the
> need arises (comparable to the MS approach).

All of the examples I looked at were pieces of source that used it, some
defined it.  I found nothing authoritative that told me it was defined
in a system supplied header.

Earnie.