Daemon (again)

hey ho,
    Last time I raised this, Chris said "has anyone looked yet?"

To which the answer (my friend) is blowing in the
wind^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H... is AFAIK no.

However in
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2001-q4/msg00060.html

Gary offered to look if the headache of changing is not too big.

Gary, can I ask you to put setup aside for a little bit (It's now
feature frozen bar my install-all feature) and review the daemon?
Cygwin1.dll is nice and stable just now, so this would be an ideal time
to add in the core of the daemon (the daemon itself, and Egors' security
fix, but not IPC).

I've merged CVS so it's up to date, it looks ok - I've done a test
build.

Remember, if you want to test the IPC, newlib needs a patch as well.

Rob