Re: changes to fhandler_process.cc from 02/06/2002 should be reverted

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 12:01:29AM +0100, Chris January wrote:
>>Ok, but you can't keep the shared memory for every process open for the
>>duration of the life of a fhandler_process.  I don't know how to deal
>>with this but using up lots of resources isn't the way to do it.
>
>Agreed, but the current code in CVS will actually crash when lseek is
>called.  Incidentally, I believe that line 158 in fhandler_process.cc
>can be removed.  My preferred solution to this would be to save the pid
>as the original code did and add pinfo p (pid) in fill_filebuf.

Yeah, I'd already put that back but actually, now that I think of it,
keeping this open may actually be what we want to do.  Keeping it open
will ensure that the shared memory will be around so the process will
essentially stay around as long as you have the shared memory open...
sort of.

If I understand the way this works, there will normally only be one of
these open at any time, anyway, so resource usage is not that great.

I don't know if there are other issues with this or not, though.