Re: Available for test: gcc-3.1.1-2 gcc2-2.95.3-8

"Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:
> So, in this case adding the -I makes a certain sense.
> Unfortunately, it means that we'll be adding one of
> these for every version of the C compiler from 3.1.1 on,
> which isn't right.
> That is for gcc 3.2, we'll need a -I /usr/include/c++/3.2, etc.

Yuck!  I hadn't got quite that far in my thinking.

> I'm not sure what the correct fix is for this.

Seconded.

> So, for now, I guess the only solution is to add the path
> to the Makefile along with a big flashing FIXME.

I think your points are enough to make me rip out that include and
declare the new operator explicitly, which I believe is safe given
that it's part of the C++ standard and shouldn't change *too*
often [sic].

That way I can avoid the issue until someone comes up with decent
solution.  Of course, until it's solved, there'll also be no STL
in the DLL or cygserver, but that might not be seen as a bad thing
:-)

// Conrad