Gee, everyone, thanks for the support

You know, I really could care less about this damn WINVER thing except
for the fact that I think that w32api developers are being inconsistent.

I also suspect that if there wasn't a hint of "cygwin" in the original
message, more people would have said "well, maybe we should change".

However, I don't care enough to fight this one.

I've already patched cygwin so this is a non-issue as far as I am
concerned.

If this is a big issue for anyone else then they should (and should have
been) arguing along with me.  Apparently, the way to do that is to say
"I agree with your position" multiple times, like Earnie seemed to do
with every message.