Re: Many pthread failures in the test suite, one setgroup failure

Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
Christopher Faylor wrote:

Got it built finally.

Not so here (win98), with fresh cvs.
make seems to wipeout ./config.status
I got the same result with a plain make
and already ran ../src/configure twice.

Pierre

/obj: make clean
/bin/sh ./config.status
Created "Makefile" in /obj using "mh-frag"
./config.status is unchanged
/bin/sh ./config.status
./config.status: Can't open ./config.status: No such file or directory
make: *** [Makefile] Error 2
I'm getting the same thing from a fresh checkout made @ 12:30 EST (GMT -5:00). Still bitching about symlink-tree not in the build directory. When I copy the missing script to the build dir, it starts symlinking the libiberty object files(?!?!) and then it starts in about there being no rule in libiberty/Makefile to make ../../src/libiberty/Makefile.in. It seems to think I enabled maintainer mode when I know I didn't. I'll have a look at it to see if I can't fix it, however I doubt I'll have much luck. The main problem is that modifications to these scripts require some archaic version of the autotools which don't seem to work all that well on Cygwin (well libtool doesn't work at all). Attempts to use more modern versions screw up the delicate voodoo gluing the configury together. This, coupled with the marked propensity for people to hand insert macros into aclocal.m4, makes the task a bit daunting :-).

Cheers,
Nicholas