Re: True case-sensitive filenames

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Gerald S. Williams wrote:

> Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> > There is. Use a debugger+disassembler and you are free to find out what
> > it does. You may also want to try to visit ReactOS' homepage.
>
> I tried that, but encountered something like JMP *406100 that
> couldn't be followed (the memory page couldn't be read). I was
> using GDB--maybe I should switch to WINDBG.

Hmm... what did the memory @0x406100 contained ? I guess it was the
address of some imported function. Maybe this is some problem of gdb.
Anyway, you can try using ollydbg (search google). To dig deeper, at some
point you'll need a kernel debugger. As a disassembler I can suggest you
the freeware version of DataRescue's IDA.