About "messed up user permissions from w2k terminal session"

I don't know what to think of the problem reported in

An ordinary user cannot launch Cygwin 1.5.5 from Terminal Services,
although there are no problems from sshd, nor anywhere with
1.3, nor when one is in Administrators or in Domain admins.

The error message is **** CreateFileMapping, Win32 error 5. Terminating.
AFAIK, the only difference in this area between 1.3 and 1.5.5 is that the
mount shared uses the sec_none security attributes, which give full access to
the user, Administrators and SYSTEM (in 1.3 there was no ACL).
I don't see how that justifies the error message. Does having a domain
matter?

When starting from Terminal Services, the file mapping uses the local
name space, not the global one as when from the console of sshd. See
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/termserv/t
ermserv/kernel_object_namespaces.asp>
Does that explain anything? The process won't see the cygwin_shared, etc...,
but that shouldn't matter.

On the other hand, the name space explains the following:
>>1) When you run 1.3.22 and you do ps -a from a Terminal Server session,
do you
>>see all Cygwin processes on the machine or only yours?

>Only mine, only the ones that I have launched from my window/login session.

Do we want it this way or should the pinfos (and all other Cygwin shared)
use the global name space?

I don't have access to a machine running terminal services so I can't
experiment.

Pierre