Re: Problems with Xemacs

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 09:34:15AM +0200, Thomas Pfaff wrote:

Some users recently reported problems with xemacs and subprocesses.
I had some problems too (mostly clipboard related) that went away after i disabled the CreateWindowStation stuff in fhandler_tty (by setting pty_needs_alloc_console to false for all windows versions).

Does the current CVS version work any better?  I added a check for
the existence of a window station.  It's still not a perfect solution
but I was wondering if this made the xemacs clipboard problem go
away.

Looks good.

Since every window station has its own clipboard the patch definitely fixed this problem. And the broken pty connection between parent and child process which was reported by some users is also cured.

Thomas